Mama's Poor Man Fruitcake
1 stickbutter or margerine
2 cgranulated sugar
4 call purpose flour
1 tspground clove
1 tspground cinnamon
1 Tbspbaking soda
1 largebottle maraschino cherries, drained
1 lbwalnuts, broken into pieces
How to Make Mama's Poor Man Fruitcake
- Boil the raisins in water for 15 minutes; Drain, reserving 2 cups of the water.
- Grease and flour a large tube pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, cloves, cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium bowl, cream the eggs, butter and sugar; add 2 cups of the raisin water and mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; mix well.
- Mix in raisins, cherries, nut and baking soda.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until knife inserted comes out clean; Cool.