Lisa's Banana Bread
How to Make Lisa's Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- With mixer at medium speed, thoroughly mix shortening with sugar, then the eggs until light and fluffy (4 mins).
- At low speed, beat in flour mixture alternately with bananas until smooth. Turn into pan.
- Bake for 1 hour. (DO NOT OPEN DOOR WHILE BAKING) Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove and finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Pat's Note:
I add 1 teaspoon of vanilla to the batter.
Sometimes I use butter flavored shortening.
I use 3 banana's.
I start checking the bread after 50 minutes.