Linda Madsen's Kringla
Served with butter is also an option.
How to Make Linda Madsen's Kringla
- Combine sugar and sour cream.
- Mix together buttermilk and HEAPING teaspoons of soda, then add to sugar/sour cream mixture.
- Combine flour and salt. Stir into above combined ingredients.
Mix will be stiff and sticky.
- Drop about 1/3 onto floured surface. Sprinkle with flour on top of the dough, and flour rolling pin before rolling to a 10-inch rectangle.
- Using a floured pizza cutter cut 10- inch strips, 1/2 inch wide.
- Shape like a pretzel or a cursive "J".
Repeat roll out steps as above with remaining 2/3 dough.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until slightly browned or as preferred.
Start on bottom oven shelf; move to top after 10 minutes; put another pan in bottom.