★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 c
- vegetable oil
- 2/3 c
- 1/2 c
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon (or 2 tablespoons lemon juice)
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded zucchini
- 1 c
- powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
How to Make Lemon Zucchini Bread
- 1preheat oven to 350. grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan, set aside.
- 2in large bowl, blend flour, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
- 3in medium bowl, beat 2 eggs well, then add oil and sugar, blending well.
- 4add the buttermilk, lemon zest and juice and blend everything well.
- 5fold in zucchini and stir until evenly distributed in mixture. add this mixture to the dry ingredients in the large bowl and blend everything together, but don't over mix.
- 6pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (if your oven tends to run hot, check the loaf after 40 minutes).
- 7cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack and cool completely. once the loaf is cool, make the glaze.
- 8for the glaze: in small bowl, mix powdered sugar and lemon juice until well blended. spoon glaze over cooled cooked loaf. let glaze set, then serve.