- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 1/2 ounces evaporated milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup pecans -- chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
How to Make LEMON CHEESE BREAD
- 1Cream butter, sugar, and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add eggs,
a time, beating thoroughly after each one.
- 2Add dry ingredients alternately
with milk and water, blending well. Fold in nuts and lemon rind. Pour into
greased and floured 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees about 1 hour
until golden brown.
- 3Stir sugar with lemon juice until dissolved. Drip over
loaf. Let stand in pan for 30 minutes. Turn out on a cake rack.