- 1 3/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 c
- canola oil
- 3/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice
- 8 oz
- candied lemon peel (lightly coat w/flour)
- 2 large
- 1/2 c
- evaporated milk
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice (for the glaze)
- 1 Tbsp
- granulated sugar (for the glaze)
How to Make Lemon Bread
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2Grease 8" or 9" loaf pan
- 3Combine flour,baking powder and salt into medium bowl.
- 4Beat sugar, oil and lemon juice in small mixing bowl.
- 5Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each one into the sugar mixture.
- 6Stir in the flour mixture alternately with evaporated milk until blended.
- 7Stir in the lemon peel
- 8Pour into prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 9PREPARE GLAZE:
- 10Combine lemon juice and sugar in small sauce pan
- 11Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minuite.
- 12Cool bread in pan for 5 minutes, remove from pan and brush with glaze. Serve warm or cooled.