1 3/4 call purpose flour
2 1/2 tspbaking powder
1/4 ccanola oil
3/4 cgranulated sugar
3 Tbspfresh lemon juice
8 ozcandied lemon peel (lightly coat w/flour)
1/2 cevaporated milk
1 Tbspfresh lemon juice (for the glaze)
1 Tbspgranulated sugar (for the glaze)
How to Make Lemon Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease 8" or 9" loaf pan
- Combine flour,baking powder and salt into medium bowl.
- Beat sugar, oil and lemon juice in small mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each one into the sugar mixture.
- Stir in the flour mixture alternately with evaporated milk until blended.
- Stir in the lemon peel
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- PREPARE GLAZE:
- Combine lemon juice and sugar in small sauce pan
- Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minuite.
- Cool bread in pan for 5 minutes, remove from pan and brush with glaze. Serve warm or cooled.