How to Make Pandesal Recipe
- Add yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar to water. Stir and let sit for 10 minutes to activate yeast. In a large mixing bowl, add 1/3 cup of sugar, salt and 1/4 cup of oil and mix together. Add the yeast mixture and 4 cups of flour and mix well. Gradually add the remaining 2 cups of flour until the dough no longer sticks to the side of the bowl and a large dough ball forms.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface and knead dough for about 10 minutes or until it is smooth. Form the dough into a call and transfer to a large bowl that is lightly greased. Brush the top of the dough with the remaining 1 TBSP of oil. Cover bowl with a clean, damp cloth. Place the bowl in a warm area for 2 hours. The dough should double in size.
- Transfer dough to floured surface. Punch dough down for 1-2 minutes. Separate dough into 3 equal pieces. Roll each piece in the shape of a rectangle about 12 inches in length and 3/4 inch in thickness. Cut the dough into 1 1/2 inch cubes.
- Pour bread crumbs into a pie plate. Coat the cut pieces with bread crumbs and place on lightly greased baking sheet on one of the cut sides, about 1 1/2 inches apart. Set pans aside for 15 minutes to let the dough rise further.
- Preheat over to 375 Degrees. Place pans in oven and back until the bread is lightly browned, about 13 to 15 minutes.