ITALIAN HOLIDAY BREAD (Sallye)
- 1-1/3 c
- warm milk (105º)
- 1 large
- egg, slightly beaten
- 3 Tbsp
- softened butter
- 1-1/2 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- granulated sugar
- 4 c
- bread flour
- 1 c
- dried or candied mixed fruit, diced
- 2 tsp
- anise seed, crushed
- 1 pkg
- rapid rise yeast (2 teaspoons)
PLACE INGREDIENTS IN BREAD MACHINE IS THIS EXACT ORDER
How to Make ITALIAN HOLIDAY BREAD (Sallye)
- 1Place ingredients in bread machine in exact order as listed in ingredients.
- 2Set bread machine to basic/white cycle and medium crust.
•••Do not use delay cycle.
- 3Check dough after it has mixed well. If it is too dry, add liquid 1 teaspoon at a time until a soft, smooth ball forms around the blade. If it is sticky, add 1 teaspoon at a time until smooth ball forms around the blade.
- 4Start bread machine and cook until cycle is complete.
- 5Remove from bread machine onto serving platter and drizzle your choice of glaze over it (optional).