How to Make Irish Sweet Bread
- 1In a saucepan mix the sugar and milk, put in the stick of butter and heat without boiling until the butter melts and sugar is dissolved.
- 2In a bowl beat the 3 eggs.
- 3Pout the 2 packages of yeast into the warm water and blend until dissolved
- 4Allow milk mixture to cool to room temperature then add to eggs and add yeast. Slowly add the flour until it forms a moist doughy mixture. You may add to add more flour so thicken. With flours on your hands kneed the dough for about 5 minutes.
- 5Grease a large bowl. Place dough in bowl and cover in a draft free warm area. Allowing dough to rise to double in size. Again kneed the dough and break into 2 pieces for 2 loaves of bread but I prefer to make a couple pans of biscuits plus I have these mini loaf pans I like. Whatever you use grease the pans. Put dough into pans and again set aside allowing it to rise until light in weight. Take softened butter and lightly coat top of each loaf(biscuit) and bake at 375 for about 30 minutes. Times and temperature vary depending on altitude and whether you're using gas or electric.