How to Make Irish Shortbread
- 1Preheat over to 325 degrees F.
- 2Bring the Irish butter to room temperature.
- 3Cream the butter until it is whipped.
- 4Incorporate the sugar, and salt.
- 5Add flour in 4 separate portions, a cup at a time, mixing well after each cup.
- 6Knead the dough until it forms a firm ball. It should not be crumbly.
- 7Lightly spray your shortbread pan with a non-stick vegetable oil spray.
- 8Place the ball of dough in the center of the pan. Using the heals of your hands, firmly press into the pan. The dough will be stiff. Prick the entire surface with a fork.
- 9Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- 10Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before you loosen the edges with a knife, and flip the pan over onto a wooden or plastic cutting board. If the shortbread doesn't come right out, hold the pan upside down about 2 - 3 inches over the cutting board and drop it face down. The shortbread should drop right out.
- 11Cut into serving pieces with a thin sharp knife while still warm.