Incredible Pumpkin Bread~
is the secret. This was found in a Relief Society cookbook.For 11-4-04 teacher conferences, Dori(a great cook) used 2 instant butterscotch puddings
and added one pkg of dried craisins to batter AFTERWARDS, then pouring into
8 mini-loaf pans. Baked these at 350 F for 45 minutes - test with a raw
spaghetti noodle piece.
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups pumpkin puree ( i use canned, not the pie filling version)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 (4 serving size) packages instant butterscotch or coconut pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups all_purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
How to Make Incredible Pumpkin Bread~
- 1In a large bowl, mix together oil, pumpkin, sugars, pudding mixes, cinnamon,
and salt. Slightly beat the eggs, and mix into the batter.
- 2Mix in flour and
baking soda until just combined. Stir in nuts, if desired. Spread batter
into two greased and floured 9 x 5 inch loaf pans (or 8 mini-loaf pans -
they all baked well together in the oven at the same time!).
- 3Bake at 325
degrees for 1 hour, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out
clean. Makes 2 loaves.