I DON'T CARE TODAY DONUTS
This easy recipe is fun. I use sugar and cinnamon to coat...seems to be the easiest. But knock yourself out with powdered sugar glaze and sprinkles. Either way it's just fun and delicious!
- 2 can(s)
- large buttermilk biscuits (not flaky variety)
- cheap works good. doesn't need to be pillsbury
- 2 tsp
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- brown sugar
- deep fryer set up with oil
- temp should be 350 degrees
How to Make I DON'T CARE TODAY DONUTS
- 1Stir sugars and cinnamon in bowl to blend. That's what you'll coat the donuts in.
Take a dough biscuit and with a knife, cut out a hole in the middle. Keep that piece of dough to fry, too. After making a hole in each biscuit begin by throwing one of the "holes" you just removed in to test the oil. If it starts to bubble immediately then you know your oil is hot enough. Remove that piece of dough from the fat and put about 4 donuts in at a time. Watch carefully as they brown quickly. When browned nicely on one side turn over and brown on other side. Remove and place on paper towel for just a second. Immediately set in sugar mix and cover both sides. Place on serving plate. Don't forget to fry the donut holes you have left over. repeat process.
TO MAKE GLAZE TO STICK SRINKLES ON: 1 Cup powdered sugar 2T Milk and 1t vanilla. Whisk together. Add more milk if necessary if you want it runnier. Then dip donut in glaze and then in sprinkles.
Just use powdered sugar as a coating, too.
- 2NOTE: Seriously, men like these. If you really are single, put a smidge of bacon grease behind each ear as you make these donuts. You'll be engaged by sundown!