Homemade Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread Mix
FOR THE MIX:
3 1/2 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking soda
1/2 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 tspsalt
1 tspground cinnamon
1 tspground cloves
2/3 cchopped walnuts or pecans
2/3 craisins or semi-sweet chocolate chips
TO PUT IN THE DIRECTIONS-TO ADD TO THE MIX:
2/3 cbutter flavored shortening
2 2/3 cgranulated sugar
1 can(s)16 oz. or 1 lb. pumpkin
How to Make Homemade Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread Mix
- Choose appropriate pan for your use and prepare it, by generously spraying with vegetable spray, all sides and bottom. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a bowl, pour out mix ingredients and make a well in the center. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the sugar and the shortening together until fluffy. Lightly beat the eggs. Add to the shortening mix, along with the pumpkin and water. Add to the well in the mix. Stir JUST UNTIL COMBINED. DO NOT OVER-STIR!
- Divide batter evenly in or between pans. Bake for:
8-9" rounds for 20-25 minutes
13x9" for 30-40 miniutes
cupcakes, standard for 15-20 minutes
bundt for 55-60 minutes
- Leave to cool in pans for 5 minutes before removing to cooling racks to cool completely. Store refrigerated in an airtight container, or wrapped securely in tin foil. Bread may be frozen.