HOMEMADE CINNAMON ROLLS w/ MAPLE NUT GLAZE
I have folks who drop by in the morning for coffee and the smell of these rolls sure adds to the down home atmosphere.
YOU CAN FREEZE THESE ROLLS AND REHEAT. RECIPE TELLS HOW.
★★★★★ 2 votes5
4 1/2 call purpose flour
1 pkgactive dry yeast
1 1/4 cmilk
1/4 cgranulated sugar
1/4 cbutter, unsalted
6 Tbspbutter, softened
1/2 cbrown sugar
2 tspground cinnamon
·1 recipe maple nut glaze
How to Make HOMEMADE CINNAMON ROLLS w/ MAPLE NUT GLAZE
- In a large mixer bowl combine 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour and yeast. Heat the milk, granulated sugar, the 1/4 cup butter and salt just until mixture is warm (120 - 130 degrees) and the butter is almost melted, stirring constantly.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture; add eggs. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds; scraping sides of bowl constantly. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Using a big, strong spoon stir in as much of the remaining flour as possible. Dough will be soft. Turn dough out on to a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough (3 to 5 minutes total). Shape dough into a ball.
- Place ball of dough into a lightly greased bowl; turn once. COVER; let rise in a warm place until doubled in size (this should take about 1 to 1 1/2 hours). The dough is ready for shaping when you can lightly and quickly press 2 fingers 1/2 inch into dough and indention remains.
- Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, divide dough in half; shape each half into a smooth ball. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- On light floured surface roll half the dough to 12x8 inches. Spread with 3 Tablespoons of butter. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle half over rectangle. Roll up from the short side. Seal edges. Make a second roll with remaining dough, butter and sugar mixture.
- Slice each roll into 8 pieces. It's easier if you begin slicing from the center of the roll, the slices will be more uniform. Arrange slices, cut side down, in a greased 13x9x2 inch baking pan. Cover, let rise until nearly doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Bake rolls in a 350 degree pre heated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until light brown. Drizzle with Maple Nut Glaze.
- MAPLE NUT GLAZE: In a small bowl combine 1 cup sifted powdered sugar, 2 Tablespoons maple syrup. Stir in 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans.
- FOR FREEZING AND REHEATING: BAKE AND COOL ROLLS AS DIRECTED, DO NOT GLAZE. WRAP IN MOISTURE AND VAPOR PROOF WRAP. SEAL, LABEL, AND FREEZE UP TO 3 MONTHS. TO REHEAT IN A CONVENTIONAL OVEN, WRAP FROZEN ROLLS IN FOIL. PLACE INTO A 350 DEGREE OVEN FOR 20 TO 25 MINUTES. DRIZZLE WITH GLAZE.