Holiday Eggnog Biscotti
1/2 cbutter, softened
2eggs, room temperature
1/2 cegg nog
1 tsprum or almond extract
3 1/4 cflour, all purpose
2 tspbaking soda
How to Make Holiday Eggnog Biscotti
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine butter, sugar and eggs in mixer for about a minute. Mix in rum extract and eggnog and blend well.
- Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add the dry to wet in small batches until well blended.
- Place on a floured board and shape into two elongated loaves approximately 14 inches long. Place on the baking sheet and flatten to about 1/2 inch. Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool slightly, then slice into 1/2 slices, laying them on their side back onto the cookie sheet. Lover oven to 200 and bake until completely dry, turning every 20 minutes.
- After cool, you can combine 1 cup powerded sugar, 1 teaspoon rum flavoring and 2-3 tablespoons of eggnog to create a drizzle to splash across the biscotti! Enjoy...