Hawaiian Macadamia Nut Banana Bread
2 1/2 cflour
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
1/4 tspsalt - (the macadamia nuts are salted)
3/4 csalted butter- softened
1/4 csour cream
1 1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
3 cbananas- mashed
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
1 cchocolate chips
1 cmacadamia nuts, chopped
How to Make Hawaiian Macadamia Nut Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease two 9-by-5-inch loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, soda, and salt with a wire whisk; set aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer. Add eggs, bananas,vanilla and sour cream beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add the flour mixture macadamia nuts and chocolate chips, then blend at low speed just until combined. Do not overmix.
Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 60-70 minutes. A toothpick inserted in center should come out clean, and the bread should pull away from the sides.
- Cool in pan, for 10 minutes. Turn pans on sides; cool to room temperature before removing and slicing.