Hawaiian Banana Nut Bread
3 call-purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1 cchopped nuts, (walnuts or pecans)
1 1/2 cvegetable oil
2 cmashed bananas (about 3 or 4 medium bananas)
1 can(s)(8 oz.) crushed pineapple with juice
2 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Hawaiian Banana Nut Bread
- Grease and flour 2 loaf pans. (Or use cooking spray). Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium mixing bowl. combine flour, salt, baking soda, sugar and cinnamon. Stir in nuts, set aside.
- In another medium bowl, combine eggs, vegetable oil, mashed bananas, vanilla and pineapple with juice. Stir until mixed then add to the dry ingredients. Stir together until moistened.
- Divide batter evenly between the 2 loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 5 minutes until done. Check center with toothpick to ensure doneness.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- This makes 2 loaves, you can easily keep one to eat and give the other away as a gift, or wrap tightly in foil and freeze for later. Just unthaw on the counter at room temperature.