Gluten Free Waffles
- 1 3/4 c
- glad flour mix or other gluten-free flour mix
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1 Tbsp
- raw sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- sea salt
- 2 stick
- butter, melted (or ghee)
- 1 1/2 c
- coconut milk + 1 tbsp apple cider ninegar
MIX DRY INGREDIENTS FIRST
MIX WET INGREDIENTS IN A SEPARATE BOWL
How to Make Gluten Free Waffles
- 2Mix dry ingredients first in a large mixer bowl with a whisk
- 3Melt butter slowly over low heat, you don't want to get it too how or it will cook your eggs!
- 4Mix wet ingredients well with a whisk, add slowly to flour mixture, mixing just until blended.
- 5I like to let it sit a few minutes while I heat the waffle iron, it gives the baking powder time to start working and thicken the batter.
- 6Depending on the size of your waffle iron, add 1/3 to 1/2 cup of batter to each side of your iron or whatever is the appropriate amount for your iron. Bake each waffle until there is no more steam coming out- longer if you like them crispy. Experiment to get them just how you like them.
- 7I keep my waffles warm in the oven set at 200F while I bake the waffles so that the whole family can eat together. Serve with butter (Yes, a little more won't hurt! How often do you eat waffles anyway?)and Maple syrup, jelly, powdered sugar, whipped cream, or vanilla yogurt- or serve topped with ice cream and your favorite toppings. I like to make extras and use them for sandwiches!