Gluten Free Waffles
MIX DRY INGREDIENTS FIRST
1 3/4 cglad flour mix or other gluten-free flour mix
1 Tbspbaking powder
1 Tbspraw sugar
1/2 tspsea salt
MIX WET INGREDIENTS IN A SEPARATE BOWL
2 stickbutter, melted (or ghee)
1 1/2 ccoconut milk + 1 tbsp apple cider ninegar
How to Make Gluten Free Waffles
- Mix dry ingredients first in a large mixer bowl with a whisk
- Melt butter slowly over low heat, you don't want to get it too how or it will cook your eggs!
- Mix wet ingredients well with a whisk, add slowly to flour mixture, mixing just until blended.
- I like to let it sit a few minutes while I heat the waffle iron, it gives the baking powder time to start working and thicken the batter.
- Depending on the size of your waffle iron, add 1/3 to 1/2 cup of batter to each side of your iron or whatever is the appropriate amount for your iron. Bake each waffle until there is no more steam coming out- longer if you like them crispy. Experiment to get them just how you like them.
- I keep my waffles warm in the oven set at 200F while I bake the waffles so that the whole family can eat together. Serve with butter (Yes, a little more won't hurt! How often do you eat waffles anyway?)and Maple syrup, jelly, powdered sugar, whipped cream, or vanilla yogurt- or serve topped with ice cream and your favorite toppings. I like to make extras and use them for sandwiches!