Garduno's Sweet Corn Spoon Bread
1/2 cbutter, softened
1/3 cmasa harina
1 1/2 cfrozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
1/3 craw sugar
2 Tbspheavy whipping cream
1/4 tspsea salt
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/4 tsponion powder
1 smallgreen chiles (can of drained)
How to Make Garduno's Sweet Corn Spoon Bread
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven F (175 degrees C) oven for 50 to 60 minutes. Use 9x13 inch baking dish that is filled a third of the way with water.
- In a medium bowl beat butter until it is creamy. Add the Mexican corn flour and water and beat until well mixed.
- Using a food processor, process thawed corn, but leave chunky. Stir into the butter mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix cornmeal, sugar, cream, salt, onion powder, and baking powder. Add to corn flour mixture and stir in green chili to combine.
- Pour batter into an ungreased 8x8 inch baking pan. Smooth batter and cover with aluminum foil. Place pan into a 9x13 inch baking dish that is filled a third of the way with water.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Use an ice cream scoop for easy removal from pan.