French Canadian Frosted Maple Gingerbread
This recipe is from The Canadian Cookbook.
2 1/3 call-purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 tspginger
1 cpure maple syrup
1 csour cream
4 Tbspmelted butter
2-3 cicing sugar, sifted
2 Tbspsoft butter
3 Tbsptablespoons maple syrup
1 Tbspsour cream or whipping cream
How to Make French Canadian Frosted Maple Gingerbread
- Sift together the flour, soda, ginger and salt.
- Beat the egg until it is foamy, then gradually beat in the maple syrup, sour cream, and butter.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients, beating until well blended.
- Pour into a greased and lightly floured 11 x 7 x 1 1/2 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 to 40 minutes, or until cake pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Combine all the frosting ingredients in a bowl, beat with an electric mixer until smooth, creamy and of spreading consistency.
- Place the icing in big swirls on the cake and sprinkle to taste with chopped walnuts.