French Canadian Frosted Maple Gingerbread
This recipe is from The Canadian Cookbook.
- 2 1/3 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- pure maple syrup
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 4 Tbsp
- melted butter
- 2-3 c
- icing sugar, sifted
- 2 Tbsp
- soft butter
- 3 Tbsp
- tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp
- sour cream or whipping cream
How to Make French Canadian Frosted Maple Gingerbread
- 1Sift together the flour, soda, ginger and salt.
- 2Beat the egg until it is foamy, then gradually beat in the maple syrup, sour cream, and butter.
- 3Gradually add the dry ingredients, beating until well blended.
- 4Pour into a greased and lightly floured 11 x 7 x 1 1/2 inch baking pan.
- 5Bake at 350 F for 30 to 40 minutes, or until cake pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- 6Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- 7Combine all the frosting ingredients in a bowl, beat with an electric mixer until smooth, creamy and of spreading consistency.
- 8Place the icing in big swirls on the cake and sprinkle to taste with chopped walnuts.