Flying Monkey bread
1 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
2 big can(s)refrigerated flaky butermilk biscuits
1/2 cwhite sugar
1 cwhite sugar
·blue food coloring
1 (8 oz.) pkgcream cheese cut into 40 cubes
1 1/2 cpecans or walnuts, optional
·black colored sugar crystals
How to Make Flying Monkey bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan add the butter and brown sugar. Slowly melt over low heat till the sugar is dissolved and remove from heat. Let sit.
- In a ziploc bag add the 1 cup of white sugar and a few drops of blue food coloring. Close bag and mix till the sugar is a light blue adding more food coloring if needed. Then poor into a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl mix together the 1/2 cup of white sugar and cinnamon till mixed well and set aside.
- Take a fluted tube cake pan and spray it with non-stick spray very well. Then add about 1/2 cup of the nuts of your choice on the bottom and set the pan aside.
- Open the biscuits and taking them out one by one cut them in half and set aside. Once done take a rolling pin and flatten them one at a time to about 3 inch rounds. Then in the center of the round sprinkle about a 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon sugar and put a cube of the cream cheese in the middle. Fold over the end of the biscuit to meet the other end and pinch closed well. Once closed gently make it into a ball then roll them in the blue sugar coating them very well and lay in the cake pan. Slowly continue to add the balls into the pan making one layer at a time. With each layer add about 1/2 cup of the nuts. Also sprinkle them with the black sugar if you choose to do so. This is what makes the green color effect.
- Once all of the biscuits are in the pan slowly pour the melted butter sugar mixture over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 45 mins or until a golden brown. Then take out of the oven and immediately place your serving platter over the cake pan and invert it onto it. Be careful some of the syrup can spill out. Serve warm. Refrigerate any leftovers if you are lucky enough to have any.