3ripe bananas, mashed
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda, disolved in 2 tsp of water
1/2 cnuts, pecan or walnuts coarsely chopped (optional)
How to Make Esther's Yummy Banana Bread
- pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cream together the shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs to sugar/shortening and mix with mixer on low speed until blended then add soda/water mixture, salt, and vanilla.
- Add flour and mashed bananas to the sugar/shortening mixture and beat at low speed under well combined.
- Place mixture into a well greased (using Pam or margarine) loaf pan.
- Place in oven. Bake for about 40 minutes or until golden brown and tooth pick comes out clean when poked with a toothpick.
- This is a very moist banana bread so DO NOT OVERBAKE.