Eggnog Breakfast Bread
I make at least six loaves a week, starting the first week of November, half of which goes out as gifts or taken to somebody's job. I've modified the original recipe to make it easier to bake in bulk. Technically it freezes very well, but I've never had any actually make it into the freezer.
- eggs, beaten
- 2 c
- fresh eggnog (not canned)
- 4 tsp
- rum flavored extract
- 2 c
- white sugar
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 5 c
- all purpose flour
- 4 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- ground nutmeg
How to Make Eggnog Breakfast Bread
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottoms of 3 8x4 pans. (The disposable foil pans that come in a 3 pack are perfect)
- 2Blend together eggs, eggnog, rum extract, sugar, vanilla and butter
- 3Add flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg, pour into pans. Bake 50 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.
- 4Cool 10 minutes, remove from pan.
- 5I slice them up and then put the entire loaf back in the pan when I take it someplace. Keeps it intact until I'm ready to serve.
So good slightly toasted and with honey butter.
If you can't find the 8x4 pans, two 9x5's will work, but they will be very full so add at least 10 minutes to the baking time.