Eclair & Cream Puff Dough 101
How to Make Eclair & Cream Puff Dough 101
- In sauce pan, Bring water to a boil.
Add salt and butter pieces, let melt over medium heat.
- Add all of flour at once to water
wisk well until smooth ( no lumps ) LET COOL for 7 min.
- Add one egg at a time ( wisk each egg until smooth and shiny) It will be very sticky
DOUGH IS DONE. (smile)
- load dough in pastry bag (zip-lock) and cut whole in tip (dime size)
- for ECLIARS...squeeze lightly a (finger length) application of dough on prepared baking sheet
for PUFFS... squeeze in circular motion a little larger than a quater
- Bake for 30-35 min. @ 400 F and golden brown
- Let cool
Fill with you favorite filling (cream or pudding)
Top with icing and decorate GET CREATIVE !