Easy Cinnamon Rolls
1box yellow cake mix
2 1/2 cunbleached flour
2 1/2 cwhole wheat flour
2 Tbspactive dry yeast
2 1/2 chot water
1/2 cwhite sugar
1/2 cbrown sugar
4 Tbspground cinnamon
1 craisins (optional)
1 cwalnuts or other nuts
How to Make Easy Cinnamon Rolls
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together. Add the hot water and mix well. Cover and let rise until double.
Punch down. (I often substitute up to one cup of the whole wheat flour with ground flax seed, wheat germ, etc to increase the health factor.)
- Grease one jelly roll pan (10x15) or two 9 x 13 pan well.
- Melt the butter.
- Mix the sugars and cinnamon together.
- Roll out the dough into a large rectangle that is about 1/2" thick. Coat with the butter, then sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture evenly over the dough. Add raisins and nuts if desired.
- Roll into a long log and then cut into 1" slices. Place in pan with about 1/4" room between rolls. Let them rise until they touch.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and frost with a cream cheese frosting if desired.
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 stick softened butter
1 8 oz. brick of cream cheese
1 t. vanilla
Mix well and then add powdered sugar to desired consistency.
- It is also easy to make these into caramel rolls by melting butter in the bottom of the pan, then sprinkle brown sugar and nuts over that. Then add the rolls on top of this. When you remove them from the oven, invert immediately and let the gooey caramel drip over them. I usually use the 9x13 pans if I am going to make the caramel rolls.