Easy Cinnamon Raisin Batter Bread
Its easy and really good. I like to use this bread for toast or French toast. Its also good or peanut butter sandwiches. The texture of this bread is not as fine (more air holes) as kneaded bread but I have never had anyone complain about a fresh loaf of this bread. Everyone loves it.
It does require rising time so is not "quick" (for yeast bread I guess you could say its quick) but it is easy.
This is a great recipe for anyone who wants to learn to bake bread.
- 1 c
- 1 1/2 c
- warm water (105-115 degrees)
- 1 pkg
- active dry yeast
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, softened
- 1 tsp
- 3 c
- all purpose flour, divided
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- cinnamon sugar for topping
How to Make Easy Cinnamon Raisin Batter Bread
- 1Place raisins in hot water to soak for 30-60 minutes. This softens them and makes a better bread. Drain raisins and set aside. Use water from raisins in next step.
- 2Check raisin water temperature. It should be 105-115 degrees.
In a large mixer bowl, stir together raisin water, yeast and honey. Add butter, salt, and 2 cups of the flour. Beat at low speed until combined. Then increase mixer speed to medium-high and beat for 1 minute. Stop mixer and stir in remaining flour by hand.
Cover bowl (with a towel or saran wrap, not tightly) and let rise in a warm place, until double in bulk, about 1 hour.
Punch down dough with a wooden spoon and add raisins and cinnamon. Mix by hand until combined. Spoon dough into a buttered loaf pan.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cover loaf pan (with a towel or saran wrap, not tightly) and let rise until doubled, but it should not reach over top of pan. Sprinkle top of loaf with cinnamon sugar.
- 3Bake for about 40 minutes or until loaf sounds hollow when tapped. Cool on a wire rack.