Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
1/2 cvegetable oil
1 tspvanilla extract
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/3 cbaking cocoa or dutch-process cocoa
1 2/3 call purpose flour
2 cshredded, unpeeled zucchini (gently pressed between layers of a clean tea towel to get rid of excess moisture)
How to Make Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350°F; spray an 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray .
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, honey, oil, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Sift in the salt, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa, and flour, stir until well combined.
- Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake the bread for 65 to 75 minutes, until the loaf tests done (a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center will come out clean, there maybe a tiny bit of chocolate on the toothpick from the melted chips, that is ok).
- Remove the bread from the oven, and let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes before turning it out of the pan onto a rack. Cool completely before slicing; store in an air tight container.