★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 cbrown sugar
1 pkgbutterscotch pudding and pie filling (3 5/8 ounce)
1/4 cbutter, melted
1/2 tspground cinnamon
1 pkgactive dry yeast
3/4 cwarm water, 110 to 115 degrees
3/4 cbiscuit mix
How to Make Do Ahead Sticky Buns
- Mix brown sugar, pudding (dry), margarine, milk and cinnamon.
- Dissolve yeast in water water; stir in baking mix until soft dough forms.
- Turn dough onto cloth-covered board dusted with baking mix.
- Knead until smooth, about 20 times.
- Sprinkle with additional baking mix (up to 1/4 cup) if dough is too sticky.
- Roll into rectangle, 15 X 9 inches.
- Spread 3/4 of the reserved butterscotch mixture over dough.
- Roll up tightly, beginning at 15-inch side.
- Pinch edge of dough into roll to seal.
- Cut into 9 slices.
- Pour remaining butterscotch mixture into square pan, 9 X 9 X 2 inches.
- Place rolls slightly apart on butterscotch mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- (To bake immediately, cover and let rise in warm place until double, 25 to 30 minutes).
- Bake as directed below.
- Remove cover from pan of rolls.
- Let rise in warm place until double, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Immediately invert pan on heat proof serving plate.
- Let pan remain a minute so butterscotch drizzles over rolls.