How to Make Date Pecan Bread
- 1Soak dates for 2 hours in water, then drain and dry on paper towel.
- 2In a bowl, mix egg, sugar and butter.
- 3Sift flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 4Add dry ingredients alternately with orange juice and water, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- 5Stir in dates and pecans and beat until well blended.
- 6Pour mixture into a greased 9x5x3" loaf pan.
- 7Bake in a preheated 350 oven for about 2 hours, or until bread tests done in the center.
- 8Unmold and cool on a rack.