How to Make Date Pecan Bread
- Soak dates for 2 hours in water, then drain and dry on paper towel.
- In a bowl, mix egg, sugar and butter.
- Sift flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with orange juice and water, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Stir in dates and pecans and beat until well blended.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9x5x3" loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 oven for about 2 hours, or until bread tests done in the center.
- Unmold and cool on a rack.