DATE AND NUT BREAD: Moist and Sweet
How to Make DATE AND NUT BREAD: Moist and Sweet
- 1Put chopped dates in a small mixing bowl and sprinkle with baking soda.Place the butter on top. Pour over with the boiling water, stir, and set aside.
- 2Sift all dry ingredients into a larger bowl.
- 3Beat egg in a cup, and then add to cooled date mixture.Stir.
- 4Combine date mixture with sifted dry ingredients. Mix well by turning over and over.
- 5Stir in chopped nuts.
- 6Take a piece of waxed paper and line a loaf pan so that "length side" of pan is covered with paper. Butter the wax paper and the two short ends of the pan. Get it well covered. Fill pan with batter.
- 7Bake for ONE HOUR in a 350 degree oven. Test doneness with either a long toothpick or piece of raw spaghetti, and make sure it comes out clean and dry.
- 8Cool to touch . Now tilt pan upside down, tap to remove bread, peel off wax paper, and cool the rest of the way on a rack.
- 9Slice and serve with softened cream cheese.