DANISH ORANGE LOAVES
Jo Anne Sugimoto
- 1 pkg
- deluxe orange supreme cake mix
- 1 pkg
- 4-serving size - vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 1/3 c
- 2 1/4 c
- confectioner's sugar
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 2 to 3 Tbsp
- orange juice
- 1 Tbsp
- orange peel, grated
How to Make DANISH ORANGE LOAVES
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep 2 - 9x5x3-inch loaf pans by using non-stick spray.
- 2Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs one at a time, sour cream, and oil in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 3 minutes.
- 3Pour the batter into the loaf pans and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, do a toothpick test and if it comes out clean, remove the pans onto a wire rack and cool
for about 15 minutes.
- 4Loosen the loaves from the pans and let them cool completely on a wire rack.
- 6Combine confectioner's sugar, melted butter and 1 Tbsp. orange juice in a small bowl.
- 7Beat at low speed with electric mixer until blended.
- 8Add remaining juice, a Tbsp at a time, until frosting is of spreading consistency.
- 9Fold in orange peel.
- 10Spread frosting over cooled loaves.
- 11TIP: THIS RECIPE CAN ALSO BE BAKED IN A 10-INCH BUNDT PAN FOR 50 TO 60 MINUTES. DO A TOOTHPICK TEST FOR DONENESS.