DANISH ORANGE LOAVES
Jo Anne Sugimoto
1 pkgdeluxe orange supreme cake mix
1 pkg4-serving size - vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
1 csour cream
2 1/4 cconfectioner's sugar
3 Tbspbutter, melted
2 to 3 Tbsporange juice
1 Tbsporange peel, grated
How to Make DANISH ORANGE LOAVES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep 2 - 9x5x3-inch loaf pans by using non-stick spray.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs one at a time, sour cream, and oil in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 3 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pans and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, do a toothpick test and if it comes out clean, remove the pans onto a wire rack and cool
for about 15 minutes.
- Loosen the loaves from the pans and let them cool completely on a wire rack.
- Combine confectioner's sugar, melted butter and 1 Tbsp. orange juice in a small bowl.
- Beat at low speed with electric mixer until blended.
- Add remaining juice, a Tbsp at a time, until frosting is of spreading consistency.
- Fold in orange peel.
- Spread frosting over cooled loaves.
- TIP: THIS RECIPE CAN ALSO BE BAKED IN A 10-INCH BUNDT PAN FOR 50 TO 60 MINUTES. DO A TOOTHPICK TEST FOR DONENESS.