Custard Filled Corn Bread
★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 Tbspbutter, melted
1 1/2 cmilk
1 1/2 Tbspwhite vinegar
3/4 cyellow cornmeal
1 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 cheavy cream
How to Make Custard Filled Corn Bread
- Beat butter and eggs till blended.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sugar,salt,milk and vinegar and beat well. Put greased square baking dish in 350 degree oven and let it get hot while you make the rest of the recipe.
- Mix flour,cornmeal,baking powder and baking soda and add to egg mixture.Mix till just smooth.
- Stir in corn. Pour batter into heated dish.
- Mix cream and 3 tablespoons of sugar and pour into center of batter.Dont stir.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or till golden at 350 degree oven. You want the center to be thickened. As it cools it thickens too.