CRANBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP SCONES
2 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1/2 cbutter, cold
1/2 cwhite chocolate chips
1/2 cdried cranberries and/or blueberries
3 Tbspsugar for sprinkling on tops
How to Make CRANBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP SCONES
- Combine flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, baking sode and salt in food processor. Mix well.
Add butter cut into small chunks and pulse until mixed. Do not over mix or scones will be tough.
- Whisk together buttermilk and egg in a small bowl, slowly add mixture to processor and process until dough forms.
- Dump dough into large bowl, add cranberries and white chocolate chips, mix into dough.
- Turn dough onto floured surface, shape into a rectangle about 1/2 inch thick. Cut into wedge shapes. (cut into squares then cut squares in half).
** I like to use a small scoop to make smaller bite size scones, just drop by heaping tablespoon onto baking sheet if you do it this way.
- Place wedges on a parchment lined baking sheet and top with sugar. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes until golden on top.
** if you make the smaller scones, bake for 12 to 14 minutes until golden on top.
- Remove from oven, cool slightly and serve.
You can also add a topping such as a light powder sugar glaze depending on how sweet you want them.