3 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 cvegetable oil
4eggs, lightly beaten
2 tspcoconut extract
1 ccoconut, shredded
How to Make Coconut Bread
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and flour two 9 1/2" x 5 1/2" loaf pans.
- Do NOT use a mixer with this recipe. Use a spoon or spatula and stir by hand.
In medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; mix well.
- In large mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil, beaten eggs, and coconut extract; mix well.
- Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk to sugar mixture and stir only until moist.
- Stir in shredded coconut.
- Pour batter into the two prepared loaf pans, place on middle rack and bake for 1 hour.