Cinnimon portuguese sweet bread
2 1/2 cmilk
1 tsplemon juice
2 1/2 Tbspinstant yeast
7 call purpose, or high gluten if you have it
1 stickbutter sftened
How to Make Cinnimon portuguese sweet bread
- Add butter and milk warm to 110 degrees( as with any recipe or directions read the entire list first)
- Add all the rest of ingredients in a mixing bowl with a hook adapter, or bread hook
- One thing I did not add to ingredients is flour, it varies, I usually start with about 7 cups, mix until fully incorporated, add flour as needed until it just comes off the side of the bowl. Turn onto floured surface and need till smooth (you will get it after a few tries, if tour not familiar with bread dough. I usually weigh it and divide in three equal parts, caver with towel and let rise until it doubles.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together, working with the last three ingredients.
- One at a time, take each dough ball and flatten, rub with softened butter sprinkle with cin-sugar mixture, roll up tightly and place in bread pan, do this to all 3. make 3 light slices on top of each, brush with an egg water mixture, place towel over and lit rise, at least double.
- Preheat oven to 400, place bread in middle rack and bake for 22 minutes, ovens do vary but this timing should work for all ovens, if using a convection oven bake at 350 for twenty minutes. Let cool in pan for twenty minutes. awesome for French toast, and great just toasted with butter. hope you all enjoy.