Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Bread
Annamaria Settanni McDonald
- 2 3/4 c
- plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 1/4 tsp
- (1 envelope) active dry yeast
- 4 Tbsp
- 1/3 c
- 1/4 c
- eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1 c
- 2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp
- ground nutmeg
- 4 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
How to Make Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Bread
- 1Make the dough combine the flour, sugar, yeast and salt in your mixers bowl with the dough hook attached. Melt butter and milk in a small saucepan. Once butter is melted set the bowl and cool slightly. Add the milk/butter mixture, water, vanilla and eggs to the mixing bowl. Mix on low speed until a dough ball forms and no flour is on the bottom or sides of the bowl. You may need to add extra flour, add flour by the tablespoon until the dough is no longer sticky. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead for 3-5 minutes. Lightly grease a bowl, place dough ball in the bowl and turn once to coat. Cover the bowl with a clean towel. Let it rise in a warm place for about an hour and doubled in size. If you are going to use the dough the following day, wrap the dough ball with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Let it stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before rolling dough.
- 2Twenty minutes before the dough is finished rising make the filling. Melt the butter in a small saucepan until it’s browned. Set aside.
- 3In a small bowl add sugar and cinnamon and mix well. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and punch down to deflate. Place clean cloth over to let it rest for 5 minutes. Roll the dough into a 12×20 rectangle.
- 4Brush the browned butter over the rolled dough, sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the butter. Cut into 6 vertical strips. Each cut is 2 wide. Stack the strips one on top of the other. Then horizontally cut into 6 even pieces. Which is a l little big bigger than 3 wide. Grease a loaf pan. Place the cut strips into the loaf pan.
Place a clean cloth or the same one that you’ve been using all along over the loaf pan into a warm place to rise for another 30-45 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350. Place loaf pan in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the bread is golden brown. (If the tops of the bread brown too quickly lightly cover with aluminum foil at the end of baking.)
- 5Place on a wired rack to cool for 20-30 minutes. Run a knife around the edges to loosen the bread and place the warmed bread on plate and serve. (GREAT SERVED WITH VANILLA BEAN ICE CREAM)