CINNAMON ROLLS WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 pkgactive dry yeast= 2 1/4 tsp
1/4 cwarm water 105*
1 cmilk, scalded and cooled to luke warm
3 1/2-4 call purpose flour
2 Tbspmelted butter, cooled
1 Tbspvanilla extract
1 tsptable salt (fine)
3/4 cbrown sugar-packed
1-1 1/2 Tbspcinnamon
1 stick(salted) butter-room temperature
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
2 ozcream cheese, room temperature
2 Tbspbutter, room temperature
3 cpowdered sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
1-2 Tbspcream or milk- to thin to spreadable consistancy
How to Make CINNAMON ROLLS WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- Add melted butter, eggs, vanilla and salt mixing well, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add remaining flour and mix well. Turn mixer to medium high and knead for 4 minutes. Turn mixer off and allow dough to rest for 5 minutes.
- Thoroughly grease a large mixing bowl.
Remove dough from the stand mixer bowl and place in the greased bowl. Turn dough over, grease the top of the dough so it doesn't dry out while it rises.
Cover with greased plastic wrap, and then a clean dish towel.
Place in a warm place for an hour, until doubled in volume.
While mixing my dough, I preheat my oven to 170-or the lowest temp available, then turn the oven off.
Place bowl on a hot pad in the oven and allow to rise with the door closed.
Also while dough rises, Grease with butter the bottom and sides of a large baking dish or cake pan.
- Punch dough once to deflate it.
Turn out onto a floured surface and roll into a large rectangle-about 20x14.
- With a spatula evenly spread butter over the surface, to within 1" of the short edge.
Mix cinnamon and brown sugar in a bowl thoroughly, then sprinkle over the buttered dough.
- Roll the dough up from short edge to short edge, the more layers the better!
Pinch the end of the dough onto the roll to seal.
- with a large sharp knife, cut the rolls at least 1" and place in prepared pan 1/2" apart.
Cover with the greased plastic wrap and clean towel and allow to rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.