Cinnamon Raisin Bread Sticks/Bread Machine
How to Make Cinnamon Raisin Bread Sticks/Bread Machine
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
Mix the cinnamon into the bread flour.
- Add milk, water, oil, salt and brown sugar into the bread machine. Then add the flour-cinnamon mixture. Lastly add the yeast. (Or add according to your bread machine directions.)
- Set on dough setting and start machine.
- When the machine has done it's magic, take dough out and punch down. Let rest 10 minutes.
- Roll out into a 12" x 8" rectangle. Sprinkle raisins on one half of the dough and gently press in. Fold in half and gently roll and stretch dough back out into a 12" x 8" rectangle. Note: Some bread machines will beep when it is time to add things like raisin to the dough.
- Cut into 10 8-strips. Then pull or gently roll - using your hands, into 12-14" strips.
Note: If you want a crisper bread stick, cut into 12 pieces and stretch into 14-16" strips.
- Allow oven to cool to 350 degrees- this takes several minutes depending on your oven. Just before returning bread sticks to oven, brush them lightly with water. (For a sweeter bread stick, sprinkle with raw sugar granules.) Return to 350 degrees oven and bake 20-25 minutes. Cool on rack. Drizzle with a glaze made from powdered sugar and a little water.
- Note: For an even crispier bread stick, bake in the top half of the oven.