Cinnamon Raisin Bread
How to Make Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- 1Warm the milk in a small sauce pan on the stove until it just starts to bubble, stirring occasionally.
- 2Remove from heat. .Let cool until lukewarm, about 120-125 degrees.
- 3Dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside until yeast is frothy, about 10 minutes or so (make sure your water is at the correct temperature or the yeast won't activate.) Then mix in eggs, sugar, butter salt and raisins stir in the cooled milk slowly so you don't cook the eggs. Add water and yeast mixture. Add the flour gradually to make a stiff dough.
- 4Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for a few minutes until smooth.
- 5Place in a large, buttered, mixing bowl and turn to grease the surface of the dough.
- 6Cover with a warm, damp cloth and let rise. Allow to rise until doubled, usually about 1 1/2 hours.
- 7Roll out on a lightly floured surface into a large rectangle 1/2 inch thick.
- 8Moisten the dough with tablespoons milk and rub all over the dough with your hands.
- 9Mix together 1/3 cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon and sprinkle mixture evenly on top of the moistened dough.
- 10Roll up tightly (the long way). The roll should be about 3 inches in diameter.
- 11Place loaf into well greased 9 x 5 inch pan and lightly grease tops of loaf.
- 12Let rise in a warm place covered, again for about an hour.
- 13Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until lightly browned and sound hollow when tapped.