Cindy's Banana Bread , Revised
2 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
1/2 cplain yogurt
1/2 cgranulated sugar
1/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
4very ripe med. bananas
1/4 cdried apricots
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Cindy's Banana Bread , Revised
- Place all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Put yogurt,eggs, shortening, bananas, apricots, & vanilla in vitamix and pulse until blended and apricots chopped.
Alternately, you can cream all ingredients, except apricots together in a mixer. Chop the apricots and add with the nuts.
- Fold creamed mixture into flour mixture. Stirring just until blended.
- Stir in nuts and chopped apricots.
- Pour into a greased and lightly floured loaf pan. (Hint: Cut a strip of parchment paper the width of the loaf pan, making sure ends extend over sides of pan. Grease & flour pan, then pour batter in. Makes it real easy to remove from pan after baking.)
- Bake in 350 degree oven for approx. 1 hr. 25 minutes or until toothpick stuck in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from pan & cool on wire rack until completely cooled before wrapping.