Christophene Quick Bread
- 1 1/2 c
- flour (i subbed white pastry flour)
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 3/4 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp
- 2/3 c
- coconut oil
- 3/4 c
- sugar (i used half white sugar and half brown sugar
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- christophene/chayote, peeled and grated
- 1/2 c
- grated carrot
How to Make Christophene Quick Bread
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan or line with parchment paper. ( ^^ Read recipe introduction. I used smaller "mini loaf" bread pans.)
- 3Combine the dry ingredients and set aside.
- 4In a medium mixing bowl, beat the coconut oil and sugar(s) together using a wire whisk. Add the eggs and beat until the batter is creamy. Stir in the vanilla extract, grated christophene/chayote/mirlition and grated carrots.
- 5Gently stir the dry ingredients into the wet. Spread mixture into your loaf pan(s). Bake approximately 50-60 minutes (slightly less if using smaller loaf pans) or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- 6Set aside to cool in the pans. After 15 minutes transfer the loaf/loaves to a wire rack to cool completely.