How to Make Christmas Bread
- 1On a lightly flowered board pull dough out until it is 12 inches long.
- 2Knead in the fruit, mincemeat and the nuts into the dough.
- 3With a sharp knife cut dough into 3 ropes, 12 inches long.
- 4Press the 3 ropes together on one end and braid on a greased cookiesheet. .
- 5Let rise in a warm (90 degree) place until double in bulk, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 6Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- 8Combine the sugar, milk and cardamon, spread this glaze over bread.