How to Make Christmas Bread
- On a lightly flowered board pull dough out until it is 12 inches long.
- Knead in the fruit, mincemeat and the nuts into the dough.
- With a sharp knife cut dough into 3 ropes, 12 inches long.
- Press the 3 ropes together on one end and braid on a greased cookiesheet. .
- Let rise in a warm (90 degree) place until double in bulk, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Combine the sugar, milk and cardamon, spread this glaze over bread.