Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ vegetable oil
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 (3 oz.) box instant chocolate pudding
- ½ cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 1Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease & flour and set aside two loaf pans.
- 2In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs, sugar, oil, applesauce, and vanilla extract; fold in shredded zucchini.
- 3Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and pudding mix.
- 4Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix well. Fold in nuts and chocolate chips. Pour into two prepared loaf pans.
- 5Bake for one hour, or until wooden toothpick comes out clean. Cool on rack for 10 minutes before removing from pans. Cool bread on wire racks, completely, before slicing.