Another easy recipe from the Pillsbury site tweaked just a bit! I couldn't resist adding an orange glaze.
1 pkg(3 oz) cream cheese, softened
2 to 3 tspgrated orange peel
1 boxpillsbury® refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
1/4 ccup smucker’s® sweet orange marmalade
1/2 chershey’s® special dark® chocolate baking chips
1/2 cpowdered sugar
1 Tbsporange juice, fresh
How to Make Chocolate-Orange Pastries
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper or spray with No-Stick Cooking Spray
- In small bowl, stir cream cheese and orange peel until blended.
- Unroll pie crust on work surface. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over crust
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave marmalade uncovered on High 10 seconds. Brush marmalade evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Cut crust into 16 wedges, using knife or pizza wheel. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over wedges
- Roll up each wedge, starting at shortest side and rolling to opposite point.
- Place pastries, point side down, on cookie sheet. Brush egg on tops and sides of pastries. Sprinkle evenly with sugar
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Combine powdered sugar and orange juice. Spread glaze on top of each pastry.