Another easy recipe from the Pillsbury site tweaked just a bit! I couldn't resist adding an orange glaze.
- 1 pkg
- (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 2 to 3 tsp
- grated orange peel
- 1 box
- pillsbury® refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
- 1/4 c
- cup smucker’s® sweet orange marmalade
- 1/2 c
- hershey’s® special dark® chocolate baking chips
- egg, beaten
- 2 tsp
- 1/2 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- orange juice, fresh
How to Make Chocolate-Orange Pastries
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper or spray with No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2In small bowl, stir cream cheese and orange peel until blended.
- 3Unroll pie crust on work surface. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over crust
- 4In small microwavable bowl, microwave marmalade uncovered on High 10 seconds. Brush marmalade evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- 5Cut crust into 16 wedges, using knife or pizza wheel. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over wedges
- 6Roll up each wedge, starting at shortest side and rolling to opposite point.
- 7Place pastries, point side down, on cookie sheet. Brush egg on tops and sides of pastries. Sprinkle evenly with sugar
- 8Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
- 9Combine powdered sugar and orange juice. Spread glaze on top of each pastry.