Chocolate Nut Bread
This bread freezes well.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 ccut up dates
14 ounce german chocolate bar
3 cboiled water
3 tspbaking soda
2 1/2 csugar
1/2 cbutter or margarine
4 1/2 call purpose flour
1 cchopped walnuts or pecans
3 tspvanilla extract
1 1/2 cmaraschino cherries, cut in half
How to Make Chocolate Nut Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dissolve soda in hot water and pour over dates and chocolate. Let stand to cool.
- Cream sugar, butter, and eggs. Add cooled date and water mixture alternately with flour.
- Add nuts, vanilla and cherries. Batter is thin.
- Grease and flour bread pans, fill 1/2 full.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until tests done with a pick.