Chocolate Monkey Bread
Annamaria Settanni McDonald
216oz each frozen bread loaves
1 Tbspcocoa powder
1 stickbutter, melted and divided
3/4 cgranulated sugar
1 tspcinnamon, ground
1/2 cpacked light brown sugar
1bag of semi sweet chocolate chips or mini milk chocolate kisses
How to Make Chocolate Monkey Bread
- Thaw loaves as directed on package; let rise until doubled.
- Stir together granulated sugar, cocoa and cinnamon. Stir together 1/4 cup butter, brown sugar and water in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 to 60 seconds or until smooth when stirred. Pour mixture into 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Pinch off pieces of bread dough; form into balls, 1-1/2 inches in diameter, placing 3 chocolates inside each ball. Dip each ball in remaining 1/4 cup butter; roll in cocoa-sugar mixture. Place balls in prepared pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 20 minutes in pan; invert onto serving plate. Cool until lukewarm. 12 servings.
- To serve add banana slices on top of monkey bread with more mini chocolate chips and with pecans, swirl hot fudge around, all optional. Great just by itself as well!