Chocolate Monkey Bread
Annamaria Settanni McDonald
- 16oz each frozen bread loaves
- 1 Tbsp
- cocoa powder
- 1 stick
- butter, melted and divided
- 1/4 c
- 3/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 tsp
- cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 c
- packed light brown sugar
- bag of semi sweet chocolate chips or mini milk chocolate kisses
How to Make Chocolate Monkey Bread
- 1Thaw loaves as directed on package; let rise until doubled.
- 2Stir together granulated sugar, cocoa and cinnamon. Stir together 1/4 cup butter, brown sugar and water in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 to 60 seconds or until smooth when stirred. Pour mixture into 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- 3Heat oven to 350°F. Pinch off pieces of bread dough; form into balls, 1-1/2 inches in diameter, placing 3 chocolates inside each ball. Dip each ball in remaining 1/4 cup butter; roll in cocoa-sugar mixture. Place balls in prepared pan.
- 4Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 20 minutes in pan; invert onto serving plate. Cool until lukewarm. 12 servings.
- 5To serve add banana slices on top of monkey bread with more mini chocolate chips and with pecans, swirl hot fudge around, all optional. Great just by itself as well!