Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Scones
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The breakfast of champions: a mug of hot coffee and these scones! These sweet little bites boast a subtle chocolate flavor that perfectly compliments a dark roast. No need to head to an expensive coffee shop anymore! The Test Kitchen
- 1 3/4 c
- 1/3 c
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 4 oz
- cream cheese
- 1/4 c
- cold butter
- 2 tsp
- 3/4 c
- heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 c
- cocoa powder
- 2/3 c
- chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Scones
- 1Pour the whipping cream, egg and vanilla in bowl and whisk together.
- 2In a separate bowl combine flour,cocoa,sugar,baking powder and salt.
- 3Add in cold cream cheese and butter.
- 4Using your fingers, break up cream cheese and butter until it becomes the size of small peas.
- 5Add in the chocolate chips and mix.
- 6Add in liquid mixture and stir until combined.
- 7Pour out onto a floured surface and knead a few times. (do not over knead)
- 8Roll out and use your favorite large cookie cutter to cut dough or roll out into a rectangle and cut into 8 triangles.
- 9Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and brush the tops with an egg wash.
- 10Bake for 18-20 minutes at 375
- 11Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.