- 3 1/2 c
- all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting pans
- 1/2 tsp
- egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c
- (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 c
- bag (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
- 1Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat two 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray; dust with flour and shake out excess. Set aside.
- 2Stir together flour and salt; set aside. In small bowl, stir together eggs, egg yolks and vanilla; set aside.
- 3Mix butter and sugar together on medium-high speed for 6 minutes or until very light and fluffy. Reduce speed to medium and gradually pour in egg mixture. Increase speed to medium-high and beat 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. On low speed, gradually add flour mixture and beat until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 4Divide batter between prepared loaf pans and smooth tops. Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour, 12 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack for 30 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely on rack.
9 points per serving