Chocolate Banana Bread
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 cwalnuts or pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
1-3/4 call-purpose flour
1/4 cunsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
1 tspbaking powder
1/4 tspbaking soda
2 largeeggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cbutter, unsalted, melted and cooled
3ripe bananas, mashed well (approx. 1-1/2 cups)
1 tspvanilla extract
1/2 cwhite, dark or milk chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place oven rack in middle position. Butter and flour (or spray with a nonstick vegetable/flour spray) the bottom and sides of a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Place the nuts on a baking sheet and bake for about 8 - 10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Let cool and then chop coarsely.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, melted butter and vanilla.
- With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, lightly fold the banana mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined and batter is thick and chunky. Fold in the nuts and chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan. Bake until the bread has risen and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 55 to 65 minutes. Cool completely.