★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/4 cmilk
1 pkg1/4 ounce active dry yeast
3 1/4 cflour
1 ccherry preserves
1 cpowdered sugar
1/3 ccup sliced almonds
1/2 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Cherry Swirl Coffee Cake
- Heat first 4 ingredients in small saucepan to boiling; cool to luke warm. 105 to 115
- Stir in yeast. Transfer mixture to medium bowl . Add i cup of flour and beat well.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to make a thick batter; beat until smooth.
- Let rise, covered in warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk. about 1 hour.
- Stir batter down. Pour batter into 2 greased round 0-inch cake pans; let rise until doubled in bulk about 1 hour.
- Make a swirl design on top of batter with a floured spoon; fill grooves with preserves, using 1/4 for each coffee cake.
- Heat oven to 375.
- Bake until cakes are golden about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool on wire racks fill grooves with the remaining preserves.
- Mix powdered sugar with vanilla extract and enough milk to make a thin glaze; drizzle over warm coffee cakes and sprinkle with almonds.